#Pharma Gets Pinteresting
AUSTIN, Texas, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RxWiki, Inc. announced today the launch of its medication encyclopedia on the social network Pinterest, featuring over 75 boards consisting of news and videos covering FDA approved compounds and OTC medications. RxWiki's Pinterest page is a visual medication resource that provides pharmacists and patients with the latest medications information and news from www.RxWiki.com.
"Printed medication guides just don't work anymore," said Donald Hackett, CEO of RxWiki, Inc. "Digital tools like Pinterest offer new, effective ways to educate patients about their medications. RxWiki delivers an engaging visual experience that enables patients to easily identify, organize, and learn about the medications they take," Hackett said.
According to comScore, Pinterest was the fastest independent website to reach 10 million monthly unique visitors in the U.S. Reports suggest Pinterest users follow more brands than users on Facebook and Twitter. A recent Shareaholic study shows that Pinterest is the fastest growing social media site for traffic referrals, driving more than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined.
"Approximately 80% of Pinterest users are women. And since women make most health decisions, the Pinterest platform offers a significant opportunity for pharmacists to educate patients and their families," Hackett added.The RxWiki Pinterest Page offers:
- Medication information organized by health condition
- Specific boards for Rx, OTC, and Natural supplement news
- Links to pharmacist-approved news and videos on RxWiki.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV