Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc Stock Upgraded (BNCL)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 183.44% to $19.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -131.38%.
- The gross profit margin for BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 72.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BNCL's net profit margin of 8.09% significantly trails the industry average.
- BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP's earnings per share declined by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.18 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.21 versus $0.18).
- BNCL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BENEFICIAL MUTUAL BANCORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts