March 6, 2013
- iPhone/iPad app also updated with new features
Santander has launched a brand new mobile banking app for customers who use Android smartphones and tablets, including the Kindle Fire, as well as updating the iPhone/iPad app the bank originally launched in
The new apps provide a secure service for banking on the go, including a helpful single platform where customers can see information for all their
Santander current accounts
, savings and credit cards. The apps are available from the Apple App Store and the Android store (Google Play) and free to all of Santander's personal banking customers.
Once customers have enrolled into Online Banking using a desktop or laptop, they will have access to a whole range of services via their mobile phone.
App features for customers
Adrian Homer, head of mobile at
- Pay bills or make other payments to existing payees set up using Online Banking at a desktop or laptop
- Check balances and latest transactions for current accounts, savings, credit card and Flexi mortgages
- Transfer money between Santander accounts
- Make payments to existing payees and amend and cancel pending payments
- View and set up account alerts
- SMS or email a copy of transactions or split a bill between friends
- Locate a branch anywhere in the UK and obtain walking or driving directions and timings
- Send a copy of a transaction to friends to ask them for their contribution.
"We want to make banking with Santander as easy and convenient as possible for our customers, wherever they are in the world, and we've spent considerable time developing our mobile banking service and apps for Android and iPhone and iPad with this in mind. Customers will be able to do almost as much on their mobile phone as they can with our full online banking service with the flexibility of using their smartphone, wherever they are."
Santander's Online Banking Guarantee also applies to customers using Mobile Banking, (via any Internet enabled phones) and this confirms that in the unlikely event funds are taken from a customer's account without permission, Santander will pay back any loss incurred from fraud, up to the value of the amount fraudulently taken.*