DUBLIN, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Almost 2/3 customers won't leave a message if call unanswered
- Staffing issues is the major concern, after the economy
- Fax identified as safe means of document transfer
j2 GLOBAL (NASDAQ;JCOM), a leading provider of cloud business services for UK business, today announced its latest research findings revealing the biggest issues currently impacting on small and medium enterprises. In this survey, 1,000 business people across the UK were asked about their company's biggest concerns. As expected the economic outlook continues to weigh on the minds of UK business as consumer confidence and red tape share the spoils as the major worries for UK businesses, with 26% and 25% of respondents respectively stating this was the biggest concern for their organisation.
Just below this were staffing issues (23%) - whether the loss of experienced staff or the difficulty in capturing the right kind of new-hires; finding and retaining the right staff continues to be a big concern.
The j2 survey also asked respondents what they would do if, when they made a call to a business or tradesperson, the call went unanswered. Surprisingly, almost two thirds of respondents (59%) said that they would not leave a message if the call was unanswered, with more than a third preferring to call the next business on the list.Paul Kinsella, Vice President, General Manager, j2 Global Europe, said: "This is one of the key areas where small businesses are continuing to miss out on potential sales. We all have experience in having our calls unanswered, and - in the age of instant communications - consumers are voting with their feet and moving on to the next business." "For the companies themselves, we see how crucial that first interaction with a business is. So, whether it's a lack of staffing or technology, these businesses will continue to miss out on potential trade - that's one of the primary reasons we developed our eReceptionist product. This product allows small and medium businesses to have their calls answered and routed, 24/7, without additional staffing costs. This means that customers reach the right person in the business for that first, crucial interaction."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV