WUXI, China, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STP) has issued a statement claiming it has purported to remove me as Executive Chairman. I respond as follows:
1. The Board's decision to purportedly remove me was misconceived and unlawful. The Board had no legal basis for doing so, and the decision was invalid and of no effect. The actions taken at this time by the rest of the Board show that they are not focused on the issues most important at hand and are not acting in accordance with the best interest of the Company.
2. I will take all steps necessary to protect the Company from being harmed by unlawful actions such as the above.
3. I am fully committed to continuing to serve the Company as Executive Chairman to the best of my ability and to guide it through these difficult times.Dr. Zhengrong Shi 5 March 2013 SOURCE Dr. Zhengrong Shi
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts