LAS VEGAS, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar, Inc. and the Women In Trucking Association (WIT) presented Rebecca Brewster, president and chief operating officer of the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI), with the third annual "Influential Woman in Trucking" award after a panel discussion at this week's Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) annual meeting.
The "Influential Woman in Trucking" award seeks to recognize women in the trucking industry who make or influence key decisions, have a proven record of responsibility and who mentor and serve as a role model to other women.
"We want to call attention to the many contributions that women have made to the trucking industry," said Jan Allman, vice president, manufacturing operations, Navistar. "It's not easy to play and win in what has traditionally been a male-dominated world, and women like Rebecca demonstrate that it can be done."Rebecca's leadership has influenced industry leaders and policymakers on numerous important topics including safety, driver retention and driver health. Her work and presence is well-known, as Brewster is often sought out for her expertise and professional opinion on a host of industry topics she examines. "We are excited to honor a woman who has had so much influence on commercial trucking," said Ellen Voie, WIT president and chief executive officer. "Under Rebecca's guidance, the American Transportation Research Institute's research has given us insights into efficiency, safety and driver wellbeing—touching every aspect of our industry." Brewster has served as president and COO of ATRI, an independent research arm sponsored by the American Trucking Associations (ATA), for the past 10 years. She is also an ex officio member of the Transportation Research Board Executive Committee and an active member of its Truck and Bus Safety Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV