Hugo Chavez Loses Battle With Cancer
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died, according to an announcement by Vice President Nicolas Maduro.
Maduro said Chavez had died "after battling a tough illness for nearly two years," according to a BBC report.
Chavez, a controversial figure and fierce critic of the United States, recently returned to Venezuela after receiving treatment for cancer in Cuba. The 58-year old had served as the country's president since 1999.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV