News Summary: Platinum Surges On So. Africa Strike
By The Associated Press
STRIKE: Prices for platinum and palladium surged Tuesday after Lonmin, one of the world's largest producers of platinum metals, said Tuesday that workers went on strike at one of its mines in South Africa.
SIGNS OF GROWTH: Silver and copper rose after some encouraging economic reports. Activity in the U.S. service sector expanded in February at the fastest pace in a year, thanks to higher sales and new orders.
OIL UP: Benchmark U.S. crude oil rose for the first time in four days. Oil prices are still down more than 6 percent in two weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV