PENDLETON, Ind., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Remy International, Inc. (NASDAQ:REMY), a leading worldwide manufacturer, remanufacturer, and distributor of starters and alternators for light vehicle and commercial vehicle applications, locomotive products and hybrid electric motors, today announced that it has closed the refinancing of its existing senior secured Term B Loan with a new $300 million 7-year Term B Loan facility, through Bank of America, N.A. as Administrative Agent and joint lead arrangers Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Incorporated, UBS Securities LLC, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. Remy also amended the existing $95 million ABL Credit Agreement with Wells Fargo Capital Finance, LLC and Bank of America, N.A.
The new Capital structure will provide significant benefits for the company including:
- Reducing the Term B Loan cash yield from 6.25% to 4.25%
- Providing increased financial flexibility with updated covenants
- Extending the maturity of the Term B Loan from December 17, 2016 to March 5, 2020
- Extending the maturity of the ABL Credit Agreement from December 17, 2015 to September 5, 2018
- Lowering the cost of borrowing on our ABL
Fred Knechtel, Remy International, Inc. Chief Financial Officer said, "We were pleased to be able to take advantage of the strong credit markets to refinance the Term B Loan and amend the ABL. This refinancing lowers interest expense by approximately $6 million and adds $0.11 to diluted earnings per share."
"The favorable terms are a reflection of improved markets and Remy's strong performance. The new credit agreement provides us the financial flexibility needed to fund potential acquisitions and the regional expansion necessary to support our global growth strategy," added Jay Pittas, Remy International, Inc. President and Chief Executive Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV