Princess Cruises' Landmark Cruise Supporting U.S. Veterans to Feature Special Military Guests and Speakers
Cruise Line Designated as a Commemorative Partner with the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration
WASHINGTON, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In benefit to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund and Operation Homefront, Princess Cruises' first-ever charity cruise to support U.S. veterans will feature a number of special guests including former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen (Ret.); retired senior officers from the Army, Navy and Air Force; an award-winning war correspondent; and other respected speakers, authors and panelists.
- Award-winning journalist and decorated combat correspondent Joe Galloway . He is one of America's premier war and foreign news reporters. A former military affairs consultant for Knight-Ridder newspapers and co-author of We Were Soldiers Once and Young, Galloway reported for UPI during the Vietnam War. He was awarded the Bronze Star for carrying wounded soldiers to safety during the 1965 Battle of la Drang. General Norman Schwarzkopf called Galloway "... the finest combat correspondent of our generation."
- Speaker and veterans' advocate Justin Constantine. Constantine joined the U.S. Marine Corps in 1998 after graduating from law school. He left active duty in 2004, but two years later, as a Marine Reservist, volunteered for deployment to Iraq. While on a routine patrol, he was seriously wounded – shot in the head by a sniper. Thanks to the heroic efforts of a young Navy Corpsman and his own warrior spirit, Constantine is alive today and as a highly sought-after speaker and veteran's advocate, spreading a message of awareness, courage and resiliency.
- The soldier who sent the message ending World War II in Europe, Gregory Melikian. As a young sergeant with the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Forces staff headquartered in France in 1945, Melikian was a telegraph operator under command of General Dwight D. Eisenhower. At 3:30 p.m. on May 7, 1945, it was Melikian who was chosen to announce the unconditional surrender of Germany and the end of WWII in Europe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV