Long-term, fee-for-service contracts underpin new fractionator, new deep cut facility and increased pipeline capacity to meet growing demand for NGL services
(All financial figures are approximate and in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.)
CALGARY, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Pembina Pipeline Corporation ("Pembina" or the "Company") (TSX: PPL; NYSE: PBA) announced plans today to proceed with an expansion of its existing natural gas liquids ("NGL") infrastructure at a combined capital cost of approximately $1 billion.
Pembina's expansion comprises three integrated components along the NGL value chain, as follows:
- the twinning of its 200 million cubic feet per day ("MMcf/d") Saturn deep cut facility ("Saturn II") to extract valuable NGL from raw gas streams in the Berland area of Alberta;
- the twinning of its 73,000 barrel per day ("bpd") ethane-plus fractionator ("RFS II") at its Redwater site, near Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta; and
- the Phase II NGL pipeline capacity expansion of its Peace/Northern NGL System to accommodate increased NGL volumes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts