- One of the largest credit rating agencies has a negative outlook for the U.S. non-profit health care industry.
- Hospitals across the country are realizing the benefits of strategic partnerships, mergers, etc. According to Modern Healthcare Magazine, there were 109 hospital mergers in 2012 alone, the highest in a decade.
- Saint Luke's Health System of Kansas City (non-profit), BJC HealthCare of St. Louis (non-profit), CoxHealth (non-profit) of Springfield, Mo., and Memorial Health System (non-profit) of Springfield, Ill. recently entered into an alliance. Individually, they each had revenues exceeding $1 billion, much greater than North Kansas City Hospital. Yet, they felt they were better served by an alliance, which resulted in a $7 billion venture.
City Of North Kansas City Demands Independent Review Of North Kansas City Hospital Operations, Financials, Competitive Position
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts