NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Imagine you and I (yes, you!) sitting in a bar just off Wall Street -- maybe on Stone Street -- or we're at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. Maybe we're enjoying a Molson Export in Toronto, a Guinness pint in Dublin or just a regular old Amstel Light in a suburban Phoenix strip mall-situated tavern.
That's the context from which this conversation spews. Sarcastic, but genuine. Even loving. I mean what I say, yet I mean no harm. The beer is reasonably flowing; we can be honest and leave it all on the ice.
Deep down I think that, by and large, social conservatives are maniacs. I count some great friends and family members in this group of nut cases. I reserve similar judgment (it's so wrong to judge, but all do!) for whacked-out Libertarians and self-righteous California Toyota Prius owners. So it's all good. Plus, I'm buying the next round.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV