Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, the actual performance of Caesars may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following factors, as well as other factors described from time to time in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (including the sections entitled "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" contained therein):
- the impact of the Company's significant indebtedness;
- the effects of local and national economic, credit, and capital market conditions on the economy, in general, and on the gaming industry, in particular;
- construction factors, including delays, increased costs of labor and materials, availability of labor and materials, zoning issues, environmental restrictions, soil and water conditions, weather and other hazards, site access matters, and building permit issues;
- the effects of environmental and structural building conditions relating to the Company's properties;
- the ability to timely and cost-effectively transition to the buyer companies or casinos that the Company sells;
- changes in laws, including increased tax rates, smoking bans, regulations or accounting standards, third-party relations and approvals, and decisions, disciplines, and fines of courts, regulators, and governmental bodies;
- the ability to recoup costs of capital investments through higher revenues;
- acts of war or terrorist incidents, severe weather conditions, uprisings, or natural disasters;
- access to insurance on reasonable terms for the Company's assets;
- abnormal gaming holds ("gaming hold" is the amount of money that is retained by the casino from wagers by customers);
- the potential difficulties in employee retention and recruitment as a result of the Company's substantial indebtedness or any other factor; and
- the effects of competition, including locations of competitors and operating and market competition.
Any forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and, as such, speak only as of the date made. Caesars disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date stated or, if no date is stated, as of the date of this press release.