ATLANTA, March 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atlantic American Corporation (Nasdaq:AAME) today announced that its board of directors, at its recent meeting, declared an annual cash dividend of $0.02 per share that will be payable on April 26, 2013 to shareholders of record as of March 29, 2013.
"We are pleased to announce this second annual dividend; particularly after paying the $0.05 per share special dividend in December 2012. These dividends reflect the confidence we have in our Company and our future prospects. Our 2012 results, which will be released later in March, will reinforce not only our belief in and commitment to the Company but the commitment to our shareholders to enhance the value of their investment in our organization," commented Hilton H. Howell, Jr., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Atlantic American is an insurance holding company involved through its subsidiary companies in specialty markets of the life, health, and property and casualty insurance industries. Its principal subsidiaries consist of American Southern Insurance Company, American Safety Insurance Company, and Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance Company.Note regarding Private Securities Litigation Reform Act: Except for historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements due to a number of factors and risks detailed from time to time in statement and reports that Atlantic American Corporation files with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: John G. Sample, Jr. Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Atlantic American Corporation 404.266.5501
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV