DALLAS, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced three new 48-V synchronous buck regulators with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs for single- and multi-output power supplies. The 650-mA LM25017, 300-mA LM25018 and 100-mA LM25019 Fly-Buck™ converters feature constant on-time (COT) control architecture that reduces board space by up to 40 percent when compared with traditional designs that require multiple DC-DC converters. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, the Fly-Buck converters simplify and speed high-voltage DC/DC designs in industrial and automotive systems. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, visit www.ti.com/lm25017-pr.
The LM25017, LM25018 and LM25019 enable non-isolated voltage regulators and multi-output solutions from input voltages as high as 48 V. Pin-compatible LLP and PSOP packaging offers a scalable solution that covers a wide range of power requirements. Each Fly-Buck converter can be configured to provide positive and negative voltage rails, or isolated multiple outputs with excellent cross-regulation.
The Fly-Buck converters are pin-to-pin compatible with TI's 100-V, 600-mA LM5017, 300-mA LM5018 and 100-mA LM5019 wide input voltage range regulator family. For designs that have a 3.3-V or 5-V input source and require an isolated voltage up to 2 W, TI offers the TPS55010 Fly-Buck converter with high efficiency and primary-side regulation. For more information on all of TI's high-voltage point-of-load products, visit www.ti.com/pol-pr.Key features and benefits of the Fly-Buck converters
- Fly-Buck converters simplify design of a variety of power supplies, including those with isolated multi-output, or positive and negative voltage rails.
- COT control architecture provides excellent load transient response and eliminates loop compensation, lowering cost and simplifying design.
- Integrated high-side and low-side N-Channel MOSFETs improve efficiency and eliminate external Schottky diode.
- Order samples and an evaluation module of the Fly-Buck converters:
- Download the application note, "Designing an Isolated Buck Converter": www.national.com/an/AN/AN-2292.pdf
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer: www.ti.com/webenchpwr-pr.
- Get more information on all of TI's high-voltage point-of-load products: www.ti.com/pol-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV