The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has named Lowe’s winner of the ENERGY STAR ® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award for the fourth consecutive year. The 2013 award recognizes Lowe’s long-standing leadership as a retailer of energy-efficient appliances and products. Lowe’s will receive the EPA’s most prestigious honor at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on March 26.
Lowe’s is the only company to win multiple Sustained Excellence Awards in the product retailer category since the award’s inception in 2004. The company is being honored for outstanding achievements year after year in customer outreach, employee training and product selection. Lowe’s has won 11 consecutive ENERGY STAR awards (2003-2013) for product retailing, more than any other retailer.
“Lowe’s support of ENERGY STAR complements our philosophy to never stop improving,” said Tom Lamb, Lowe’s chief marketing officer. “We want to be customers’ trusted adviser at every stage of their home improvement projects, and consistently offering products that help customers save money and energy underscores that goal.”
Lowe’s has successfully integrated ENERGY STAR products into programs that have helped customers reduce utility bills and protect the environment. According to EPA estimates, Lowe’s sold enough ENERGY STAR products in 2012 to eliminate greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions from nearly 1.8 million cars and save customers more than $1.7 billion in utility costs over the lifetime of the products.Lowe’s achievements in delivering energy-efficiency savings to customers in 2012 included:
- Increasing the quantity and variety of ENERGY STAR products in stores and online.
- Expanding the Lowe’s Utility Program, which works with local and state utility companies to promote energy conservation, the ENERGY STAR program and utility rebates for customers. For more information, visit Lowes.com/Rebates.
- Increasing national promotions for ENERGY STAR products and support for tax-free events.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV