- Michael Slaby, former Chief Innovation and Integration Office for Obama for America in both 2008 and 2012 discussed how digital media is reinventing what it means to live local. "Everything has to be about integrating technology into what you do, but making the bridge to offline action is fundamental," said Slaby. "Because of social media, we are more connected in more ways than before. People are both producers and consumers of information."
- Troy Carter, founder and CEO of Atom Factory and Lady Gaga's manger, discussed how he connects fans virtually around shared interests and described his thoughts on how to get people engaged and mobilized. "The fans themselves have built the community and we just provide the tools to connect them," Carter said of littlemonsters.com, Lady Gaga's dedicated social fan micro-site. "The idea of this community was to get true engagement and we focused on the quality, not the quantity."
- Steve Phelps, CMO of NASCAR, and Brian Vickers, NASCAR driver, talked about how they build communities through passion points, like auto racing. "For us, engagement is critical and if we are not engaging with your passionate fan base then we are nowhere," said Phelps. "Our fan base is very large, very passionate and very loyal. They support the products and services that support the drivers."
GANNETT_FRONT Showcases The Power Of Gannett's Brands Across Publishing, Broadcasting, Digital And Marketing Solutions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.