TORRANCE, Calif., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Organizers of the upcoming National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation ( www.mywaterpledge.com) are embarking on an eight-state U.S. educational tour March 5 - April 16 to teach how water conservation and recycling are some of the best solutions for a sustainable future.
The centerpiece of the tour is the Wyland Clean Water Mobile Learning Experience, a 1,000-square foot interactive exhibit on wheels to demonstrate the many ways water shapes lives. The traveling exhibit uses interactive models – from an onboard running river to a 40-person theater with computer-controlled special effects – to explore our nation's complex relationship with its water resources. The tour will stop at schools and community events in the Midwest, Northeast, South and West.
- March 5: Houston
- March 8: San Antonio
- March 14: Atlanta
- March 20: New York
- March 26: Detroit
- March 29: Chicago
- April 5: Denver
- April 10: Phoenix
- April 12: Tucson, Ariz.
- April 16: Los Angeles/ Orange County
Presented nationally by the Wyland Foundation and Toyota, with support from the National League of Cities, CH2M Hill WaterMatch, Rain Bird Corporation, Lowe's home improvement stores, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the U.S. Forest Service, the tour will prepare residents for the National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation. The nonprofit competition runs April 1 - 30 and challenges city leaders to inspire their residents to make online pledges to reduce water and energy usage. Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the challenge are entered in drawings for hundreds of environmentally friendly prizes, including a Toyota Prius c, water-saving fixtures and gift certificates to Lowe's stores."The Mayor's Challenge encourages everyone to become smarter around their water usage," said environmental artist Wyland. "This cross-country educational tour allows us to share that message at schools, community centers and festivals."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV