March 5, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Need a hotel with a pool, double beds, free breakfast, free Internet and a rate that's been discounted up to 50%? Oh, and the hotel needs to be pet friendly, since Fido is coming along. What might sound like a tall order is actually a piece of cake for priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN) and its
hotel booking option for guests who need specific amenities, like a pool or certain bed type, along with that famous priceline.com discount. Just in time for spring break, priceline.com is having an
hotel sale, offering top-quality hotels at discounts of up to 50% off published prices – with no bidding required.
This limited-time sale applies to hotels in all star categories, even the most luxurious 4- and 5-star hotels. The sale runs through
and all stays must be completed by
typically save customers up to 45%. During the sale period, customers who enter the coupon code SPRING when they book their
will receive an extra 5% savings on top of the pre-negotiated discount. The extra savings coupon code applies to all destinations where hotels are participating and all star levels. It also applies to all dates from now through
, including holidays.
and the extra savings SPRING coupon code are being offered through priceline.com's website
and through the
app for iOS and Android phones. The app can be downloaded from free from the iTunes store
or Android market
is the speedy way to get a great deal from thousands of hotels around the globe without having to bid. Customers view a page that includes amenities (pool, gym, on-site restaurant, etc.), special freebies (free breakfast, free Internet, free parking, etc.), star level, neighborhood, guest satisfaction scores on a 1-10 scale, and a special sale price. Many hotels participating in
allow customers to choose their bedding type (1 king, 2 doubles, etc.). Many of the hotels are pet friendly. After booking at the discounted price, the name of the specific hotel is revealed.
is covered by priceline.com's Big Deal Guarantee. If a customer books an
hotel reservation and finds a better price any time up until the day before check-in, priceline.com will match that price and give the customer
is the perfect solution for Spring-Breakers who want to get away, but can't break the budget," said priceline.com's in-house Travel Ekspert Brian Ek. "Picking a hotel that allows choice of bedding makes it easier for travelers to share accommodations. Freebies like free breakfast, free parking and free Internet are great budget stretchers. Travelers who like to take their pets along on vacation will like the fact that many participating
hotels are pet friendly. And best of all, customers can get a substantial discount without having to bid on a room."
Here are some examples of Express Deals that were shopped on
for trips during the week of March 25. Prices, amenities and availability can change at any time.
- Las Vegas . 5-star hotel in the South Strip area. $89 a night (51% savings). Amenities include a pool, on-site restaurant and fitness center.
- North Scottsdale. 3-star hotel for $108 a night (53% savings). Amenities include free breakfast, free Internet, free parking, pool, fitness center, and the hotel is pet-friendly.
- Orlando . 3-star hotel in the Sea World/International Drive/Convention Center area. $78 a night for 1 or 2 beds (49% savings). Amenities include free parking, free Internet, pool and fitness center. The hotel is pet-friendly.
- San Diego . 4-star hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter/Convention Center area. $79 a night (48% savings). Amenities include free Internet, free parking, an on-site restaurant, pool and fitness center. The hotel is pet-friendly.
- Los Angeles . 2-star hotel in the Hermosa Beach/ Redondo Beach area. $49 a night for 1 queen bed (40% savings) or $66 for 2 queen beds. Hotel offers free parking.
*Priceline's Big Deal Guarantee covers hotels of at least two stars or higher. The
will be paid as a refund to the customer's credit card. For full details and restrictions, visit
iPhone, iPod Touch and iTunes are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.