During APEC 2013, March 17-21, 2013, in booth 209 at the Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, Calif., Fairchild Semiconductor, (NYSE: FCS) puts the focus on engineers, and invites visitors to share their design challenges with power experts to find solutions that support their overall success.
As a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile semiconductor solutions, Fairchild will be available to discuss the latest “source-to system” power efficiency solutions intended to meet critical design challenges in lighting, DC-DC conversion, industrial power and motion control.
One area of focus at the show is on motor control applications, where designers are now moving away from the traditional universal, or AC motor design, to a more sophisticated brushless DC (BLDC) motor or permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) design. However, choosing either of these methods can be challenging if the designer has limited access to advanced, complex motor control algorithms. This can lead to significant spending of research and development resources and longer design times. To help designers with these cost and software burdens, Fairchild developed the FCM8531 analog and digital integrated motor controller. The FCM8531 is a tailored configurable solution complete with user guides, reference designs, and evaluation boards that help motor control designers shorten time-to-market and minimize software design efforts.
Other exhibits and demonstrations available for discussion include:
- Lighting: Power conditioning, power conversion and load control solutions for LED lighting applications from 3W – 200W, including dimmable, non-dimmable, isolated, non-isolated, single and multi-string reference designs.
- DC-DC Conversion: Integrated ICs as well as discrete solutions that offer improved thermal resistance, smaller sizes and greater reliability resulting in leading power supply efficiencies.
- Industrial Power: High-efficiency building blocks for smart meters, inverters and converters in energy harvesting and industrial designs.
- Power Supply: Small form factor solutions with high switching frequency, combined with low standby power and high operating efficiency, enabling charger applications to meet stringent standby power consumption regulations.
- Motor Control: New UL ®-certified BLDC controller accelerates time to market and offers simplified software design for BLDC/PMSM motor control designs.
- Automotive: Technologies for higher current and power density, reducing power dissipation and enabling smaller package footprints, allowing systems to provide higher torque and expand applications to larger vehicles.
- Silicon Carbide: Demonstrations of new SiC BJTs that offer leading efficiency and reliability in power conversion systems.
- Power over Ethernet: Demonstrating solutions that improve conduction losses and overall efficiency of the conventional diode bridge providing a ten-fold improvement in power dissipation in compact active bridge applications.
- Renewable Energy: Reliable, high voltage insulation solutions for industrial inverters that meet the 8 mm creepage and clearance requirements.
- Technical Session: AC-DC Converters – Control Methods: Tuesday, March 19, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Room 7: Interleaved Continuous Conduction Mode Power Factor Correction Boost Converter with Improved Modulated Carrier Control Method, by H. Choi, Fairchild Semiconductor H. Kim, Seoul National University; B. Cho, Seoul National University.
- Technical Session: AC-DC Converters – Control Methods: Tuesday, March 19, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Room 7: Adaptive Master-Slave Interleaving Method for Boundary Conduction Mode (BCM) Buck PFC Converter, by H. Choi, Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Technical Session: High Performance Devices in Circuits: Wednesday, March 20, 8:30 a.m. – 10:10 a.m., Room 4: Enhanced Shielded-Gate Trench MOSFETs for High-Frequency, High-Efficiency Computing Power Supply Applications, by T. Sarkar, A. Challa, S. Sapp, Fairchild Semiconductor
- Technical Session: High Performance Devices in Circuits: Wednesday, March 20, 8:30 a.m. – 10:10 a.m., Room 4: Design Considerations for Secondary Side Synchronous Rectifier MOSFETs in Phase Shifted Full Bridge Converter, by L. Hua, J. Guo, X. Jing, N. Mi, R. Chung, Fairchild Semiconductor; S. Luo, Dell Computer.
- Dialogue Session: Power Electronics Applications: Thursday, March 21, 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom: Two-Switch BCM Flyback Single-Stage PFC for HB LED Lighting Applications, by H. Choi, Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Rap Session: Session 2: Wide band-gap semiconductors - Prime time or promises?: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: Panelists including Dr. Dan Kinzer, CTO, Fairchild.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts