XtremSF Technology Highlights:
The XtremSF Family of server-based PCIe Flash cards deliver customers with:
- Leading Performance: The XtremSF Flash devices are proven to deliver a record 1.13 million IOPS in a standard form factor—an achievement unmatched in the industry. The XtremSF device's next generation design delivers 2X higher throughput than other offerings in the market to enhance real-world workloads in Web scale and other applications.
- Unmatched Flexibility: The XtremSF Flash device is available in a broad range of eMLC (550 GB and 2.2 TB) and SLC (350 GB and 700 GB) capacities. In addition, when deployed with XtremSW Cache intelligent server Flash caching software, XtremSF devices can be leveraged as a caching device for accelerated performance with array protection for applications such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Exchange.
- New Levels of Efficiency: The XtremSF Flash devices deliver customers the industry's lowest TCO—up-to 58% better TCO than other offerings. All XtremSF products, including the 2.2TB offering, are standard half-height, half-length 25w PCIe cards—providing the highest storage capacity in the smallest footprint for maximum performance, best density, and lowest power consumption—reducing CPU utilization by up-to 50%.
EMC Flash Software Strategy
In 2012, EMC delivered XtremSW Cache (formerly VFCache). This was the first step in EMC's long-term server Flash strategy, delivering a server-side storage product featuring a combination of software running on SLC-based PCIe Flash devices. This software turned the server Flash DAS into a cache, enhancing the performance of a wide variety of mission-critical transactional and decision support applications. With this announcement, XtremSW Cache can now run with a wide variety of eMLC and SLC XtremSF Flash cards.In the future, EMC will deliver a broad, device-independent Flash software suite—the EMC XtremSW Suite. This new software suite will deliver more caching capabilities, in addition to offering advanced data services to Flash as memory and Flash as DAS. The XtremSW Suite will provide customers with capabilities such as pooling, cache coherency, deeper EMC storage array integration and specific enhancements for VMware environments in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV