HOPKINTON, Mass., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC announces new Xtrem Family of Flash products, extending its server Flash leadership.
- New EMC XtremSF Flash cards dramatically accelerates application performance, achieving a record 1.13 million IOPS and delivering 2X higher throughput.
- New XtremSF delivers new levels of efficiency, reducing CPU utilization by up-to 50%, and providing 58% better total cost of ownership (TCO) than other offerings.
- EMC ships the EMC XtremIO all-Flash storage array to select customers.
- EMC unveils new software Flash strategy and upcoming EMC XtremSW Suite to manage Flash across the data center.
Interact with EMC Online:
- Virtual Event: To view today's 11:00 am ET webcast and access other EMC Flash content and experts, visit bit.ly/1MillionIOPS.
- Online: Learn more about the EMC Flash portfolio.
- Twitter: Follow @EMCFlash for EMC Flash news, events, and content. Join the conversation and share thoughts on EMC Flash by using #XtremSF, #XtremSWCache and #XtremIO.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced the EMC® Xtrem™ Family of Flash-optimized server and storage products and introduced a new line of EMC XtremSF™ PCIe-based Flash cards that dramatically accelerate application performance. With the addition of XtremSF, EMC continues delivering the industry's only best-of-breed portfolio of Flash products.XtremSF is server Flash hardware, available in a broad set of eMLC and SLC capacities. It can be deployed as either direct attached storage (DAS) that sits within the server to deliver high performance—or it can be deployed in combination with EMC XtremSW™ Cache (formerly EMC VFCache™) server caching software to turbocharge network storage array performance while maintaining the level of protection required by mission-critical application environments. XtremSF joins EMC's growing portfolio of extreme-performance Flash products, which include Flash optimized hybrid storage arrays – EMC Isilon®, EMC VMAX® and EMC VNX®, as well as the EMC XtremIO (formerly Project X) all-Flash scale-out enterprise storage array. Today EMC also announced the release of XtremIO™ to select customers. XtremIO™ is purpose built to leverage Flash and deliver new levels of real-world performance, administrative ease, and advanced data services. Its scale-out architecture delivers higher levels of "functional IOPS" to applications that require high levels of random I/O performance, such as OLTP databases, server virtualization and VDI ( virtual desktop infrastructure). Functional IOPS are measured under the real-world operating conditions found in today's demanding production environments with all data services enabled and operating while filled nearly to capacity. In these real-world conditions, the XtremIO system exceeds 150K functional 4K mixed read/write IOPS, and 250K functional 4K read IOPS for each 'X-Brick' (the scale-out building blocks for the XtremIO array), and over 1.2 million functional 4K mixed read/write IOPS, and 2 million functional 4K read IOPS when scaled out to a cluster of eight X-Bricks. The XtremIO array delivers this level of performance with consistent sub-millisecond response times while running the industry's richest set of integrated and Flash-optimized data services including Flash-specific data protection, thin provisioning, global inline data reduction, accelerated VMware provisioning through VAAI, and writeable snapshots.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV