The Securities Arbitration Law Firm Of Klayman & Toskes Files Claim Against Berthel Fisher As It Continues To Investigate Claims On Behalf Of Inland Western REIT N/k/a Retail Properties Of America Investors
The Securities Arbitration Law Firm of Klayman & Toskes (“K&T”), www.reitfraudloss.com, announced today that it filed a claim against Berthel Fisher & Co. Financial Services (“Berthel”) to recover damages sustained in Inland Western REIT n/k/a Retail Properties of America (NYSE: RPAI). The securities arbitration claim was filed with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
According to the claim, in maintaining accounts with Berthel, the Claimant had always made it clear that he did not want to expose his assets to significant risk, and that he was willing to accept a lower rate of return in order to keep his hard-earned money safe. In response, Berthel recommended Inland Western REIT. The firm’s advisor represented to Claimant that the REIT would be a “sure thing” with a guaranteed dividend of 5% for the first 5 years. The investment was marketed as a low risk, fixed income product that would preserve Claimant’s principal investment. The reality, however, was that the REIT was speculative and exposed Claimant’s portfolio to more risk than he was willing to assume. As a result, Claimant sustained substantial damages.
Investors who purchased Inland Western REIT or other direct investments from Berthel Fisher or other brokerage firms can contact K&T to explore their legal rights and options. K&T is presently pursuing claims on behalf of investors from across the country who sustained losses by purchasing these types of products.
If you wish to discuss this announcement or invested $250,000 or more Inland Western or other direct investments, please contact Steven D. Toskes, Esquire or Jahan K. Manasseh, Esquire of Klayman & Toskes, P.A., at 888-997-9956, or visit us on the web at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV