DALLAS, March 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) employees Brad Furukawa and Helena K. L. Chan, received top awards at the annual Asian American Engineer of the Year (AAEOY) event, held this weekend in Dallas. The AAEOY Award is a National Engineers Week Program recognizing outstanding Asian American professionals for their leadership, technical achievements and public service in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Photos accompanying this release are available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=17437 .
"We thank our employees for their contributions to Northrop Grumman and heartily applaud them for receiving these prestigious awards. It adds an exclamation point to their careers at Northrop Grumman and brings them and the company great distinction," said Denise Peppard, Northrop Grumman vice president and chief human resources officer.Since 2002, hundreds of Asian American professionals from U.S. technology corporations, research institutions and the U.S. Armed Forces have been honored with AAEOY awards. The past awardees included Nobel Laureates, academicians, corporate executives and astronauts. Furukawa received an AAEOY Asian American Executive of the Year Award. He is the vice president and chief technology officer for Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Shared Services organization responsible for strategy, enterprise architecture, advance strategic programs and mission assurance. Furukawa is the executive sponsor for Northrop Grumman's Asian American Professional Network and has served as a mentor to numerous Asian American professionals and recent graduates. In 2011 he was honored as a National Association of Asian American Professional 100 recipient. He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV