Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), a global media and technology company, announced today that Shawn Leavitt has joined the company as Senior Vice President of Global Benefits for Comcast and NBCUniversal. In this newly created role, Mr. Leavitt will develop a strategic plan for the research, design and development of Comcast and NBCUniversal’s benefits, including retirement, health and welfare, and health services. He reports to William Strahan, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Comcast Cable.
Mr. Leavitt joins Comcast from Carlson, a global hospitality and travel company, where he served as Vice President of Global Compensation and Benefits, overseeing the team responsible for managing the total rewards programs for its travel, hotel and restaurants businesses. Prior to Carlson, Mr. Leavitt was Vice President of Benefits at Safeway, Inc. and has held senior human resources positions at The Coca-Cola Company and Knight Ridder, Inc.
“We are excited to have Shawn join us to help build a best-in-class global benefits team that will coordinate across Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal while maintaining the ability to continue to serve the distinct needs of our different employee populations,” said Mr. Strahan. “With 20 years of experience in human resources, Shawn has an effective track record of developing successful and creative benefits solutions, and we look forward to the deep knowledge that Shawn brings to our team to help us further serve our employees and their families.”
Mr. Leavitt earned a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration degree from the University of Nebraska. He frequently speaks on the impact of employee health and wellbeing on the success of an organization and strategies to engage employees in the management of their own health. Mr. Leavitt will be relocating to the Philadelphia area with his partner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV