NEW YORK (TheStreet) - We're starting to hear some interesting rumors about what to expect from Samsung's next Galaxy S series smartphone. It reportedly will allow your eyes to scroll pages on the phone's screen.
According to a New York Times blog post, the upcoming Galaxy S IV smartphone will be able to track a user's eye movements.
An unnamed Samsung employee told the Times the new phone will be able to watch a user's eyes to determine where and when to scroll. The example provided was someone reading a story, getting to the bottom of the page, and the Galaxy S IV will automatically scroll down to the next paragraph of text.
There was no explanation of exactly what kind of technology Samsung is using to accomplish this eye movement tracking. However, Samsung's current flagship phone, the Galaxy S III, uses Smart Stay, which uses the phone's front facing camera to delay the screen from dimming while someone is looking at it.The South Korean-based technology giant has reportedly applied to register the trademark name EyeScroll in a Europe and Samsung Eye Scroll in the United States. The company has also applied for the trademark Eye Pause. Samsung won't comment on any of the upcoming phone's features, but Chief Product Officer, Kevin Packingham said the Galaxy S IV's new hardware and software will make it "an amazing phone". The handset could sport an updated version of Google's (GOOG) Android operating system and a speedy, next-generation processor using ARM Holdings (ARMH) technology or Qualcomm (QCOM). Samsung is planning its formal coming-out party for the Galaxy S IV here in New York on March 14. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV