The vast majority of global civil helicopter mentions were concentrated in products manufactured by three OEMs: Eurocopter, Bell Helicopter and AgustaWestland. Less than 15 percent of mentions were for helicopters manufactured by all remaining OEMs.
Again in this year's survey, Honeywell asked all respondents to indicate their "current" satisfaction over the last year with each model of aircraft they operate. Respondents answered the question, "How likely is it that you would recommend this model to a friend or colleague?" Listed in alphabetical order for models receiving over 25 responses, the top six (two models tied for top five) make/models with the highest net scores in this year's survey are these:
- Bell 206 series
- Bell 407
- Bell 412
- EC130/EC350 series
These six models account for nearly 50 percent of all survey make/model mentions and can be considered the top current production helicopters in terms of recent customer satisfaction attitudes and likelihood to promote. There were many other make/models currently in production that also received excellent scores that did not make it into the top six listing.
Helicopter Utilization Expected to Increase Utilization rates reported in this year's survey for the past 12 months were flat in North America and Europe, but rose in the other regions. Looking ahead for the next 12 months, plans for increased helicopter fleet utilization in 2013 were reported by operators in all regions. Planned increases in each region were as follows:
- North America: 10 percent of operators plan increases, and only 3 percent plan decreases.
- Europe: 16 percent of operators plan increases, and only 7 percent plan decreases.
- Latin America: 27 percent of operators plan increases and only 5 percent plan decreases.
- Middle East/ Africa: 33 percent of operators plan increases and only 15 percent plan decreases.
- Asia: 35 percent of operators plan increases, and only 6 percent plan decreases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV