RICHMOND, Va., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Media General, Inc. (NYSE: MEG), a local broadcast television and digital media company, is participating today in the Deutsche Bank 2013 dbAccess Media, Internet & Telecom Conference. George Mahoney, president and chief executive officer, and Jim Woodward, vice president-finance and chief financial officer, will present from 4:05-4:40 p.m. EST in a Q&A discussion with Deutsche Bank equity analyst Matthew Chesler and will meet with institutional investors throughout the day. The presentation will be simultaneously webcast and will be accessible via a link on the home page of Media General's website at www.mediageneral.com. A replay of the webcast will be available on Media General's website and through ThomsonReuters' Street Events. Media General is confirming and expanding its previous guidance.
First Quarter 2013 Revenues
Political revenues are expected to be approximately $400,000, compared with $6.2 million in the first quarter of 2012.
Super Bowl revenues on the company's CBS stations were $1.2 million and increased by 33% compared with the last time the Super Bowl aired on CBS in 2010. In 2012, Super Bowl revenues were $2.8 million on the company's NBC stations, which are located in larger markets and which typically generate higher revenues.Core revenues are expected to increase approximately 2% compared to the first quarter of 2012 (excluding all Political and Super Bowl revenues). Automotive advertising is expected to be even with the first quarter of 2012, with each successive month in 2013 showing greater strength. The Restaurants/Fast Food category is expected to increase in the 2013 first quarter compared to last year's first quarter. Retransmission revenues are expected to increase 50%. Digital Media revenues are expected to increase 15%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV