Chef James Crowns Lizette Locates The Winner Of The Bounty Select-A-Size “Tastiest Mess In Miami” Category At Carnaval Miami Cooking Contest On Sunday, March 3, In Miami, Florida. (Marc Serota/AP Images For Bounty)
As the official sponsor of the 2013 Carnaval Miami Cooking Contest, Bounty Select-A-Size and Telemundo’s Chef James Tahhan kicked off the 10-day Hispanic heritage celebration by proving to party-goers that one small sheet can tackle their biggest messes. The heat was on at Miracle Mile, as Bounty and Chef James searched the festival for the messiest, and most delicious, meals.
Chefs and foodies from all around Southern Florida joined in the culinary celebration and showed off their cooking skills and best recipes at the kick off. Spicing up the contest this year, dishes were not only judged on taste and appearance, but also how messy the dish was. Proving that sometimes the tastiest meals are also the messiest, special guest judge Chef James looked for how Bounty was used in the food prep and how messy the meal was to eat. In the end, after all the dicing, sautéing and grilling was over, Lizette Locates was crowned this year’s winner of the “Tastiest Mess in Miami” at the 2013 Carnaval Miami Cooking Contest for her electrifying Chipotle Shrimp Taco with Avocado Salsa dish.
“If there is one thing I have learned from all my years of cooking, it’s that you can’t be afraid to get a little dirty in the kitchen,” said Chef James. “That’s why I teamed up with Bounty here at the biggest party in Miami - to show budding chefs that sometimes by getting messy, you can get the most delicious reward!”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV