SAN DIEGO, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 40 percent increase in the Company's quarterly cash dividend and, effective immediately, a new $5.0 billion stock repurchase program to replace the prior $4.0 billion stock repurchase program, which had $2.5 billion of repurchase authority remaining.
The cash dividend will increase from $0.25 to $0.35 per share of common stock and will be effective for quarterly dividends payable after March 27, 2013. This dividend increase will raise the annualized dividend payout to $1.40 per share of common stock.
"In recognition of our strong financial position and continued growth in our business, we are pleased to increase our quarterly cash dividend to a record 35 cents per share and to introduce a new $5.0 billion stock repurchase program," said Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, chairman and CEO of Qualcomm. "Our business model continues to generate strong operating cash flows that enable us to invest in and execute on our strategic priorities, while also returning capital to stockholders. Since these programs began in 2003, we have returned $19.9 billion to stockholders through a combination of stock repurchases and cash dividends."
The new stock repurchase program has no expiration date. The timing of stock repurchases and the number of shares of common stock to be repurchased will depend upon prevailing market conditions and other factors. Repurchases under this program will be made using the Company's cash resources and may be commenced or suspended at any time or from time-to-time at the Company's discretion without prior notice. Repurchases may be made in the open market, through 10b5-1 programs, in privately negotiated transactions or through the use of derivative instruments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV