Gross margin on new equipment sales was 11.2% compared to 10.0% in the fourth quarter a year ago. Gross margin on used equipment sales was 30.2% compared to 25.9% a year ago. Gross margin on parts sales was 27.4% in this quarter and 27.0% a year ago. Gross margin on service revenues was 59.4% compared to 60.2% in the prior year.
At the end of the fourth quarter of 2012, the original acquisition cost of the Company’s rental fleet was $883.0 million, an increase of $146.4 million from $736.6 million at the end of 2011. Dollar utilization was 36.4% compared to 33.9% for the fourth quarter of 2011. Dollar returns increased reflecting higher year-over-year average rental rates.
Selling, General and Administrative ExpensesSG&A expenses for the fourth quarter of 2012 were $45.1 million compared with $38.7 million last year, a $6.4 million, or 16.7%, increase. The net increase in SG&A expenses is largely a result of increased commission and incentive pay that resulted from higher rental and sales revenues. For the fourth quarter of 2012, SG&A expenses as a percentage of total revenues were 18.1% compared to 17.8% a year ago. Income from Operations Income from operations for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $28.5 million, or 11.4% of revenues, compared with $17.7 million, or 8.1% of revenues, a year ago. Interest Expense Interest expense for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $11.9 million compared to $7.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net Income Net income was $10.7 million, or $0.31 per diluted share, compared to net income of $7.9 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, a year ago. The effective income tax rate was 36.1% compared to 26.0% a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV