- Revenues increased 15.3% to $250.1 million versus $217.0 million a year ago.
- Net income was $10.7 million in the fourth quarter compared to $7.9 million a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 39.2% to $60.4 million from $43.4 million, yielding a margin of 24.1% compared to 20.0% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 28.9%, or $18.1 million, to $80.7 million due to a larger fleet and improved rates compared to a year ago. Demand remained strong during the fourth quarter.
- New equipment sales were consistent at $87.0 million compared to a year ago.
- Gross margin was 29.4% as compared to 25.8% a year ago. Rental gross margin increased to 48.1% compared to 44.5% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) was 71.8% compared to 72.3% a year ago and 72.9% in the third quarter of 2012. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) was 66.6% compared to 67.3% last year and 68.9% last quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 10.1% compared to a year ago and improved 0.4% compared to the third quarter of this year.
- Dollar utilization was 36.4% as compared to 33.9% a year ago.
- Average rental fleet age at December 31, 2012 was 38.0 months, down from 38.6 months at the end of the last quarter and significantly younger than the industry average age of 48 months.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts