7. -- Apple (AAPL - Get Report) has held talks with Beats Electronics LLC, the audio technology firm co-founded by hip-hop producer Dr Dre and music mogul Jimmy Iovine, on a potential partnership involving Beats' planned music-streaming service, three people familiar with the situation told Reuters.
8. -- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) is expected by analysts Wednesday to post fourth-quarter earnings of 56 cents a share on revenue of $1.12 billion.
9. -- Smith & Wesson (SWHC), the firearm maker, posted fourth-quarter profit Tuesday of $14.6 million, or 22 cents a share, more than tripling from year-earlier profit of $4.4 million, or 7 cents a share. Revenue jumped 39% to $136 million as consumers bought guns while U.S. lawmakers debated whether to impose a ban on some weapons.
10. -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez died Tuesday. Chavez, a controversial figure and fierce critic of the United States, recently returned to Venezuela after receiving treatment for cancer in Cuba. The 58-year old had served as the country's president since 1999.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts