Study: Small Business Lending Weakened In January
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Small business owners are still holding back from borrowing.
A study of small business lending released Tuesday by Thomson Reuters and PayNet shows that owners took out fewer loans and leases during January. An index based on the study fell to 113 from 115 in December and is virtually unchanged from a year ago.
The study shows that owners are cautious although some of the political uncertainty of the last few months â¿¿ the election and negotiations in Congress over taxes â¿¿ has been resolved. Many owners are concerned about the impact on their earnings of the health care law that will take effect next year.
The study was compiled from data on commercial loans and leases in PayNet's database. The company provides credit ratings on small businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV