Atlantic Coast Financial Corporation (the "Company,") (NASDAQ: ACFC), the holding company for Atlantic Coast Bank (the "Bank"), today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012.
This release follows the announcement last week that the Company had entered into a definitive merger agreement with Bond Street Holdings, Inc. ("Bond Street") under which the Company will merge into Bond Street, a community-oriented bank holding company with $3.2 billion in total assets. The transaction is expected to achieve the Company's goal of maximizing stockholder value and fulfill the capital mandate established by the Company's regulators.
For the fourth quarter of 2012, the Company reported net loss of $0.3 million or $0.12 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $4.0 million or $1.61 per diluted share in the year-earlier quarter and a net loss of $1.7 million or $0.66 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2012. For full year 2012, the net loss totaled $6.7 million or $2.67 per diluted share compared with a net loss for 2011 of $10.3 million or $4.13 per diluted share.
Notable highlights of the Company's fourth quarter and year-end report included:
- The Company's net loss for the fourth quarter of 2012 compared with the net loss in the year-earlier quarter reflected primarily a lower provision for loan losses, while reduced non-interest expense and higher gains on investment security sales helped offset a decrease in net interest income. The Company's net loss for the fourth quarter compared with the linked-quarter net loss reflected primarily a lower provision for loan losses and higher gains on sales of investment securities and loans, which helped offset a decline in net interest income and higher non-interest expense.
- The net loss for the full year 2012 declined compared with the full year 2011 primarily due to lower provision for loan losses and non-interest expense, which helped offset a decrease in net interest income.
- Non-performing assets decreased 37% to $33.0 million or 4.26% of total assets at December 31, 2012, from $52.5 million or 6.65% of total assets at December 31, 2011, and decreased 4% from $34.2 million or 4.35% of total assets at September 30, 2012.
- Annualized net charge-offs to average loans decreased to 2.83% for the fourth quarter of 2012 from 3.34% for the year-earlier fourth quarter, but increased from 2.43% in the third quarter of 2012.
- Total assets were $772.6 million at December 31, 2012, compared with $789.0 million at December 31, 2011, as the Company has continued to manage asset size consistent with its overall capital management strategy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV