Jimdo Turns 6, Grows 60 Percent In 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six years, eight million websites, and four offices worldwide — Jimdo, the do-it-yourself website creator, is clearly a success story. Led by founders Fridtjof Detzner, Matthias Henze, and Christian Springub, the startup has been profitable since 2009. Jimdo's team has increased to 140 and renewed its focus on product development.
Product-Focused and Independent "Our goal for 2013 is clear: Focus on developing our product and transforming the website building market," says Jimdo co-founder Christian Springub. "In the last few months we've assembled a number of strong, agile teams who are fiercely working on making Jimdo incredible for our users."
Jimdo's vision is independence and sustainability, which Springub says is ultimately the reason the founders declined an eight-figure venture round in early 2012. "It was a challenging decision but one which we don't regret for a second. We're very happy we can continue to lead an independent Jimdo with product-focused teams."
Websites Remain Essential Jimdo experienced enormous growth in the past 12 months, reaching the 8 million website mark. Three million were created in 2012 alone, a 60 percent growth rate. In 2012 Jimdo users uploaded nearly 15 million photos to their websites, making Jimdo sites hubs for photo sharing. Last year, Jimdo users added more than 136 million elements – text, store items, videos, social media buttons. That's 4.32 new elements per second."It's really exciting for us that our users are so active on their websites," says Springub. "People are realizing that having their own website is still important. Social media channels are popular, but they don't replace websites – they're complementary. A website is still the most flexible place on the internet to represent yourself or your business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV