Santa Ynez Band Of Chumash Indians Re-Elects Incumbent Leadership Team
Kahn, who has served as the Secretary/Treasurer on the Business Committee, said he is excited about the future. "We have many exciting opportunities to explore and I'm looking forward to helping our tribe make decisions that will benefit the future of the entire membership."
Dominguez was pleased that he was re-elected once again. "I still have a lot to contribute to our tribe and am happy that I have an opportunity to continue to demonstrate my commitment to our membership," he said.
Pace was first elected to serve on the Business Committee in 2004 and has dedicated his time to advancing the tribe. "From cultural preservation projects to expanding the tribe's real estate portfolio, we have worked diligently to ensure the tribe's continued success," he said.
The tribe's Chairman and Business Committee are responsible for establishing policies and overseeing the legal and business affairs of the tribe, while providing for the economic well being of its members. The Business Committee must obtain approval from the tribal membership of the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians for issues regarding managing and directing tribal revenue.Tribal members nominated candidates for Tribal Chairman and Business Committee in the tribe's monthly general council meeting in February. Ballots were mailed to eligible voting tribal members (21 years of age and older) and members were also given the option of voting in person on March 1 at the Tribal Hall. In addition to owning and operating the Chumash Casino Resort on the tribe's reservation, the tribe also owns Hotel Corque, Root 246 and the Hadsten House in Solvang and two gas stations in Santa Ynez. As the largest employer in the Santa Ynez Valley, the tribe employs more than 1,700 residents of Santa Barbara County. SOURCE Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV