Santa Ynez Band Of Chumash Indians Re-Elects Incumbent Leadership Team
SANTA YNEZ, Calif., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tribal members of the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians re-elected Vincent Armenta as their Tribal Chairman and also re-elected the incumbent members of the tribal leadership team, known as the Business Committee. The tribe holds an election for its Tribal Chairman and Business Committee every two years.
"I'm pleased that our membership voted for the same team to continue to lead our tribal nation," said Chairman Armenta. "Although we have made significant progress as a tribe, we still have much to accomplish and I'm looking forward to our team continuing to build on our solid foundation."
Entering his 14 th year as a Tribal Chairman, Chairman Armenta has led his tribe from relative obscurity to being one of the most successful tribes in the state. The tribe's main business enterprise – the Chumash Casino Resort – is a popular entertainment destination that attracts thousands of visitors to the region on a regular basis.Incumbent Business Committee members David Dominguez, Richard Gomez, Kenneth Kahn and Gary Pace were also re-elected in the tribal election last week. Gomez, who has been involved in tribal politics for decades, was re-elected to his ninth consecutive term on the tribe's leadership team. Kahn and Pace were both elected to their sixth terms. Dominguez, who served as Tribal Chairman for nearly a decade in the 1990s, was re-elected to his fifth term as a Business Committee member. "I am honored to continue to serve my fellow tribal members," said Gomez, who has served as Vice Chairman. "Over the years my fellow Business Committee members and I have listened to our tribal membership and provided for their needs. I'm glad they continue to recognize and appreciate our leadership abilities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV