NPA Natural Seal Hits 1,200th Certification, Up 50 Percent In Just The Last Year
Natural Brands Increasingly Popular with U.S. Consumers, Manufacturers
WASHINGTON, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Natural Seal program led by the Natural Products Association (NPA) has hit a new milestone with the 1,200 th certification of natural products and ingredients, according to data released today by NPA. The first and only natural certification in the United States, the Natural Seal helps millions of Americans identify personal care and home care products that are truly natural. Certified manufacturers can use the Natural Seal on their labels. Get a list of natural products and ingredients at TheNaturalSeal.org.
"The Natural Products Association is leading the trend toward natural in America. In today's marketplace, many products claim to be natural when they're not. How can shoppers be completely confident that the items they're purchasing are truly natural? The solution is the Natural Seal," said John Shaw, NPA executive director and CEO. "Nationwide, more and more people are making the choice to go natural for the products they buy. The Natural Seal helps them quickly and easily identify truly natural products for themselves and their loved ones."
"We've been seeing brands both large and small apply for Natural Seal certification. As consumers and retailers are asking for natural products, manufacturers are stepping up to answer the call," said Cara Welch, Ph.D., NPA senior vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs. "The growth in the program in just one year's time has been phenomenal. It's exciting to see the accelerating demand for natural products."Key facts:
- 85,000+ stores nationwide carry products with the Natural Seal
- 726 products and 485 ingredients have been certified natural
- 91 companies offer NPA-certified products or ingredients
- Facebook: Natural Products Association and The Natural Seal
- Twitter: NPA National, NPA Natural Seal and NPA California
- Pinterest: NPA National
- Google+: Natural Products Association
- LinkedIn: Natural Products Association, Natural Products Group and Grassroots Action Network
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV