ITASCA, Ill., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Metzler Bros. Insurance of Kansas City, Missouri. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1946, Metzler Bros. Insurance is a retail insurance broker providing commercial property/casualty, employee benefits and personal lines insurance and consulting services and risk management services for their clients throughout the Midwest. They specialize in insurance coverage for the non-for-profit and real estate industries as well as local and regional entrepreneurs. C. Stephen Metzler, Mark Simcosky and their associates will continue to operate from their Kansas City location under the direction of Mike Henthorn, head of Gallagher's South Central retail property/casualty brokerage operation.
" Metzler Bros. Insurance is highly regarded in the industry for its professional expertise, market relationships and commitment to personalized client service," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Their quality-focused sales culture and areas of specialization will be a terrific complement to our South Central region. We are pleased to welcome Steve, Mark and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 19 countries and offers client-service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 or email@example.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV