- Capital One currently pays a quarterly dividend of $0.05. The company made two major acquisitions of ING Direct (USA) and HSBC's(HBC) U.S. credit card portfolio during 2012, and is therefore not expected to request approval for share buybacks this year. However, Ramsden estimates Capital One will raise the quarterly dividend to $0.2375.
- Discover currently pays a quarterly dividend of $0.14, for a yield of 1.41%, based on Monday's closing price of $39.76 Ramsden estimates that Discover will raise the dividend to $0.185 a share, and buy back $1.857 worth of shares during 2013.
- Northern Trust of Chicago currently pays a quarterly dividend of $0.30, for a yield of 2.23%, based on Monday's closing price of $53.82. Ramsden estimates that the bank will raise the dividend to $0.35, while also buying back $390 million in shares this year.
Capital One: Federal Reserve Winner
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.