Veolia Entertainment (VE) is a provider of environmental management services, which include water and wastewater services, waste management services, energy services and transportation services. This stock is trading up 5.5% at $13.18 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 370,000
Average Volume: 260,308Volume % Change: 100% From a technical perspective, VE is trending higher here right above its 50-day moving average of $12.27 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of VE into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $13.17. At last check, VE has hit an intraday high of $13.39 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 260,308 shares. This move is also pushing shares of VE within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit if VE clears some past overhead resistance at $13.76 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VE as long as it's trending above today's low of $13.10, and then once it sustains a move or close above $13.17 to $13.76 with volume that hits near or above 260,308 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VE will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $15.93. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV