MONROE, La., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today hosted a groundbreaking for its Technology Center of Excellence at CenturyLink's headquarters campus on Hwy. 165 North in Monroe. Officials participating in the groundbreaking included CEO and President Glen F. Post, III, Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal, Mayor of Monroe Jamie Mayo and Ouachita Parish Police Jury Vice President Walt Caldwell.
The CenturyLink Technology Center of Excellence, which will encompass approximately 250,000 square feet and accommodate about 800 employees, will be located on the north side of CenturyLink's existing headquarters building. It is expected to be completed by the end of 2014, and should be operational in early 2015. A five-story parking garage will be constructed adjacent to the new facility, and construction on a new road to the center began last week.
To view renderings of the CenturyLink Technology Center of Excellence, visit http://news.centurylink.com/.The center will include technology research and development labs, a network operations center, and office and meeting space. Employees and vendors with network, technology and IT skills will work together in this new center to create innovative products and services for CenturyLink's customers. "We are very pleased to celebrate this occasion as we initiate the construction of our new technology center," Post said. "We expect the new center to enhance our ability to grow our operations in this area and to be a catalyst for the development of technology solutions for our customers." In addition to the construction of the new technology center, CenturyLink continues to work with a number of local agencies and business partners to enhance the quality of life and strengthen the economic base of northeastern Louisiana. These projects include:
- Uniting with partners such as the Cyber Innovation Center in Bossier City, La., and local educational institutions to increase the focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.
- Connecting two of its partners, IBM and United Way of Northeast Louisiana, with community-building efforts including the implementation of IBM's KidSmart Program in several local kindergarten classrooms.
- Joining forces with the North Louisiana Economic Partnership (NLEP), the local chambers of commerce, the convention and visitors' bureau, the state and others to enhance and highlight northeastern Louisiana's assets both outside of the local area and with fellow citizens.
- Taking part in a pilot program with other community and business leaders to provide those who are new to the region with opportunities and incentives to become involved with a variety of local civic and charitable organizations in the community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV