Citing people familiar with Apple's plans, Bloomberg reported the Apple-branded watch could arrive in 2013. According to the report, Apple has filed at least 79 patent applications which have the word wrist in it, including one for two-way communication of location data between a portable media device and an accessory. This patent allows media to be transferred between devices using GPS data with a separate accessory.
Apple remained in the spotlight, as Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) CEO Warren Buffett said the tech giant should ignore David Einhorn, and run the company for the long-term, as opposed to the short-term. Shares breached $425, a level which Doubleline Capital's Jeff Gundlach had previously said shares would return to after their parabolic run up late last year.
Palo Alto Networks (PANW) shares fell 5.48% to $55.34, continuing a second-day slide after the company reported second-quarter earnings and outlook on Friday. For its fiscal second quarter, Palo Alto Networks earned 5 cents a share on $96.5 million, as revenue jumped 70% year over year. Analysts were expecting earnings of 4 cents a share on $93.3 million in sales. The network security specialist said it expects to earn 5 cents a share, with sales between $100 million and $104 million. Wall Street consensus is earnings of 5 cents a share on $101.9 million. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV