Martin Midstream Partners L.P (NASDAQ: MMLP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.89%. Martin Midstream Partners L.P. collects, transports, stores, and markets petroleum products and by-products in the United States Gulf Coast region. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.26. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Martin Midstream Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Martin Midstream Partners L.P has been 142,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Martin Midstream Partners L.P has a market cap of $801.2 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 11.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Martin Midstream Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MMLP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 65.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MARTIN MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARTIN MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.33 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.71 versus $1.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 316.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.85 million to $11.87 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 74.54% to $50.68 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 28.15%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MARTIN MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Martin Midstream Partners L.P Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts