Dorchester Minerals L.P (NASDAQ: DMLP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.35%. Dorchester Minerals, L.P. engages in the acquisition, ownership, and administration of producing and nonproducing natural gas and crude oil royalty, net profits, and leasehold interests in 574 counties and 25 states. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.64. The average volume for Dorchester Minerals L.P has been 57,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dorchester Minerals L.P has a market cap of $723.0 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 15.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dorchester Minerals L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 5.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $13.20 million to $13.92 million.
- DMLP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 53.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for DORCHESTER MINERALS -LP is currently very high, coming in at 94.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 68.81% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DORCHESTER MINERALS -LP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Dorchester Minerals L.P Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts