5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
New Mountain Finance (NYSE: NMFC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.93%. New Mountain Finance Corporation operates as a closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate New Mountain Finance a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for New Mountain Finance has been 222,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. New Mountain Finance has a market cap of $315.1 million and is part of the conglomerates industry. Shares are up 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates New Mountain Finance as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, NEW MOUNTAIN FINANCE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NEW MOUNTAIN FINANCE CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.60%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NMFC's net profit margin of 102.27% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- NEW MOUNTAIN FINANCE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEW MOUNTAIN FINANCE CORP reported lower earnings of $1.02 versus $1.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.34 versus $1.02).
- You can view the full New Mountain Finance Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV