Rating Change #7
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, EINSTEIN NOAH RESTAURANT GRP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $17.14 million or 25.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.85%.
- BAGL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.12 million to $3.17 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.97 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. owns, operates, franchises, and licenses bagel specialty restaurants in the United States. The company operates, franchises, or licenses various restaurant concepts primarily under the Einstein Bros. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Einstein Noah Restaurant Group has a market cap of $231.6 million and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
Einstein Noah Restaurant Group Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center