FRC To Hold Joint News Conference On HHS Mandate At National Religious Broadcasters Convention
NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council ( FRC) will host a news conference at the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) annual convention in Nashville, Tennessee on Tuesday, March 5. FRC President Tony Perkins and FRC Executive Vice President Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin will be joined by Janet Parshall, radio host for Moody Radio, and Dr. Richard Land, president of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), to discuss the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services mandate that employers cover abortion-causing drugs, sterilizations and contraceptives in their health insurance plans, even if those employers have religious convictions against such coverage.
Rep. Diane Black (R-TN) will introduce the Health Care Conscience Rights Act (HCCRA) today to protect the religious liberties of anyone who purchases health insurance, including non-profits, businesses and individuals, as well as providing greater protections for health care workers who refuse to participate in abortion. Black will be holding a press conference in Washington, D.C. tomorrow on her bill and will join the press conference at NRB by video.
Last year FRC hosted a news conference at the NRB convention to release a petition signed by over 2,500 religious leaders in opposition to the HHS mandate.WHO: Tony Perkins, president, FRC Lt. Gen. (Ret). Jerry Boykin, executive vice president, FRC Janet Parshall, radio talk show host, Moody Radio Richard Land, president, Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) WHAT: News conference on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services mandate on abortion-causing drugs, sterilizations and contraceptives
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV